Gmail provides a lot of features to a user. One of the features is “automatically forwarding emails”. According to this, whenever new email receives in your Gmail account then it will automatically forward to the Gmail account to which you want to forward. Now you think that how to activate automatic email forwarding to another Gmail account? Don’t think too much as we are helping you by providing all the guidelines for activating this feature on your Gmail account.
Enable automatic Email forwarding on Gmail account:-
Steps for making Gmail forward incoming messages to another email address automatically are:-
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account by visiting the official website of Gmail.
- Now the inbox page will open by default. You can see a “Settings”gear icon in the upper right corner click on it.
- Now as usual, choose “Settings” from the drop down menu.
- On the settings screen, you will find a “Forwarding and Pop/IMAP”, click on it.
- Now, go to the “Add a forwarding address” link.
- Under the “Please enter anew forwarding email address”, enter the email address of the person to whom you want to forward the upcoming emails. Click “Next” and then click “OK”.
- Now Google will send you a “Gmail forwarding confirmation” email which contains a verification code.
- Copy the verification code and paste under the “confirmation code” field.
- Once it is done, Click“Verify” button.
- Forward the copy of that mail to the email address to whom you want to forward the upcoming emails and make sure that email address is selected under “Forwarding”.
- Now pick the desired email address.
- Now select among “Keep”, “Trash”, and “Archive” that how Gmail will handle forwarded messages
- At last, don’t forget to click on “Save Changes”.